Our Christmas tree is finally up and I’m so excited to show you how to make the cutest cake ornaments! But first let me warn you 1) You may get tendinitis or eye strain from icing these 2) If you have dogs or kids, do not actually hang these on the tree! The special pan I used is the Sweet Creations 3D Ornament Cake Pan from Amazon (I’ve also seen it at Joann Crafts), lemme show you!
These pans are so easy to use and came with a recipe on the back of the package (actually the recipe didn’t have very clear directions, but I got you! See below). Simply fill enough batter into each cavity until its level. Be careful not to overfill or batter will ooze out on top or into the sides.
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1½ cup milk
- Grease both sides of the pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 400F.
- Cream softened butter until fluffy and pale. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat.
- One egg at a time, whisk eggs in and add vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. With a spatula, add in dry mixture and fold in a little at a time.
- Finally, add in milk and mix til batter is well combined and clump free
- Fill bottom pan with batter until it is level. Careful not to overfill!
- Press top and bottom pan together and bake for 15-17 minutes. Cakes are done when a toothpick inserted thru the hole comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack completely before decorating